Thursday, April 24, 2014

Going South!

Ready or not...I'm out the door. Cohutta 100 here I come. I'm so excited and equally nervous. It's been a long time since I've done a race like this and I distinctly remember a few climbs that take like an hour to get up. It's hard to find a climb that takes 5-6 minutes here, so I'm mentally preparing myself now!

My coach warned me to stay on top of hydration since I'm not acclimated to the heat. Yesterday morning it was 35 degrees when I rode...I wore a hat. Temps predicted for the race are mid-70's to low 80's. I've already promised myself that no matter how hot I get (even if I feel like I am bursting into flames) I will not complain about being too hot.

Well time to go. I have close to 13 hours of solo driving ahead of me. Be back on Sunday!

2 comments:

Carey Lowery said...

I got your back!

The Padre said...

Best of luck…. Stay Hydrated….. Stay Strong….. Cheers